The administration guide explains how to configure and manage a DbAudit installation.
DbAudit organizes the world into following classes:
- Organization is the holding class for objects of all other classes.
- Users belong to an organization and are identified by a username.
- Databases is a list of MySQL or Postgres databases registered in the organization.
- Roles are assigned to users and describe the capabilities allowed for a user.
- Policies defined ACLs as well as the classes of queries allowed for a particular role.
Typically an installation will have only one organization.
One user with a Role Admin is required. An admin has full access to all functions including organization settings.
The roles available are:
- Admin can execute all functions.
- DbAdmin can manage databases and run queries.
- User can run queries on databases.