PiiCatcher finds PII data in your databases anbd files. It finds the following types of PII information:
PiiCatcher uses three types of scanners to detect PII information:
- CommonRegex uses a set of regular expressions for common types of information
- Spacy Named Entity Recognition uses Natural Language Processing to detect named entities. Only English language is currently supported.
- Column Name Scanner scan the name of the column for common names given to columns containing PII data.
PiiCatcher supports the following filesystems:
- AWS S3 (for files that are part of tables in AWS Glue and AWS Athena)
- Google Cloud Storage (Coming Soon)
- ADLS (Coming Soon)
PiiCatcher supports the following databases:
- Sqlite3 v3.24.0 or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or greater
- PostgreSQL 9.4 or greater
- AWS Redshift
- SQL Server
- AWS Glue/AWS Athena